- Intern, Cambridge Writers’ Workshop, 2014-present
- Manage content for social media accounts.
- Write pieces for their website.
- Staff Film Reviewer, Quail Bell Magazine, 2014-present
- Write weekly critiques of foreign and art house films.
- Practice film theory and criticism.
- Work sent to this site has also been published in Luna Luna Magazine.
- Communication Intern, Virginia Commonwealth University Center on Society and Health, August 2013-December 2013
Wrote posts for the organization’s blog and articles for the newsletter about relevant topics in urban health and education.
Managed center’s social media sites.
- Contributing Writer, Spectrum Section, The Commonwealth Times, 2011- 2013
- Participated in editorial meetings.
- Wrote articles about art and entertainment events; interviewed artists and performers.
- Editorial Assistant, Poictesme literary journal, Richmond, VA. 2010-2011, Vice President, 2011-present
- Edited and reviewed submissions.
- Made editorial decisions.
- Organized meetings and club events.
- Club Member, WVCW Student Radio, Richmond, Virginia, 2011-2012
- Hosted and managed content for program called “Saturday Night at the Movies.”
- Created podcasts of each show.
Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU)
Undergraduate: Bachelors of Art: Mass Communications, Print/Online Journalism
Minor: World Cinema
Expected Graduation Date: May 2014
- Game and Sales Attendant, Busch Gardens, Williamsburg, VA. September 2009-December 2009, May 2011-August 2011, May 2012 – August 2012, May 2013-August 2013
- News writing and understanding of AP Style.
- Studying media news and events.
- Social Media knowledge, including Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter.
- Experience with Adobe Premiere and Microsoft Word.
- Film and television criticism.